Social Media feat. Akeem Beckford (007)
This episode was recorded at and is sponsored by THE HUB COWORKING. My guest, Akeem Beckford (@KEEM.876) and I, discuss the dos, don’ts, habits, pet peeves and everything in between, of SOCIAL MEDIA.
This episode was recorded at, and is sponsored by THE HUB COWORKING:
Are you a self-employed Jamaican? An entrepreneur in need of a work space? Well a coworking space may be what you are looking for, and The Hub is just that!
Coworking is designed to solve the problems of removing traditional office overheads by providing a low cost, aesthetically pleasing space with all the amenities of an office. All this, while facilitating an environment of collaboration, community and a network that can propel your business to the next level.
- Complimentary Coffee
- Complimentary Wifi
- Flexible Membership Plans
- Private Offices
- Conference Room
- Meeting Lounge
- Business Address
- Printing, Copying & Scanning
- Affiliate services
Find out more information about The Hub, by visiting their website www.hubcoworkingja.com, giving them a call at 876-831-2765 or 876-833-4612 or paying them a visit at 34 Lady Musgrave Road, Unit #18, Kingston 5, Jamaica.
The Hub Coworking, ‘Working Better Together’.
In this episode, I discuss the dos, don’t, habits, pet peeves and everything in between of social media, with student, Akeem Beckford (http://instagram.com/keem.876, http://twitter.com/keem876. We discuss:
- The current Social Media platforms - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Whatsapp
- Preferred platform and why?
- Who still uses Facebook?
- Instagram characters - thirst trappers, trollers, memers, quouters, silent haters etc
- Various Instagram behaviours and habits
- Block and Delete
- DM Sliders
- Sequential pic liking
- Follow Unfollow
- Under heart tab - The ‘Following’ vs the ‘You’ tabs. Which is your default?
- Whatsapp Statuses
- Other people sharing moments that aren't theirs or that they weren't asked to share.
- The security of youth on social media.
- Detoxing from social media
- Technology challenge - Which platform would u use to :
- Tell an emotional story
- Thirst Trap
- Nude pic
- Make an intellectual statement
Consume this podcast at:
AS WELL AS ON:
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy50cmFuc2lzdG9yLmZtL3RhbGstdHJ1dGgtamE
Pocket Casts: https://pca.st/Uokq
Connect with Mario Evon at:
Connect with Talk Truth at:
If you are interested in being a guest, complete the following form:
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with topics that you'd like us to discuss and any feedback you may have.
In your social media posts, tag ME, @MarioEvon and use hashtags #TalkTruthJA and #METalkTruth and @talktruthja (Twitter only).