Self-Publishing & Parenting feat. Lisa McLean (024)
In this episode, I speak to educator, dancer, mother and author, Lisa McLean, about Self-Publishing and Parenting. She outlines how she fell into her passion for writing and becoming a self-published author, how the arts have nourished her and her experience as a parent.
- Tell me a bit about your life in Jamaica?
- How old were you when you started teaching?
- Tell me about your childhood?
- How did your grandparents function for you in your childhood?
- Did you ever recognise that in being around books as a child contributed to your current passion to write?
- What were the professions of your grandparents?
- What were your next educational steps?
- What pushed you to write/create your first book?
- How did you go about publishing your first book?
- Was the portrayal of a Jamaican grandmother important to you?
- What was it like self-publishing without a marketing force behind you?
- Tell me about your second book?
- There is a workbook to the 1st book, is that considered another book or just an offshoot of book one?
- What drives you to continue writing books?
- When should we expect the release of book number 3?
- Tell us about your other creative interests and involvements?
- What are some of the qualities the arts teaches you in life?
- Tell me a bit about motherhood and being a parent?
- Tell me about some books you have read and love?
- What do you see in your future?
- You love to drink tea. What is your favourite tea flavour?
- What advice would you give to a young author?
- Were your grandparents alive when you published your first two books?
Join our newsletter
Stay up to date re all things Talk Truth. We promise not to overload or spam your mailbox :)