Mental Health & Creativity feat. Tameka Coley aka Tami Tsansai (028)
In this episode (028), I speak to Tameka A. Coley aka Tami Tsansai, a Multidisciplinary Artist (Author/Creative/Mental Health Advocate etc), about Mental Health and Creativity. She speaks about her personal journey with mental health and how it inspired her work as an author, and we discuss tips and healthy mental health practices for the creative. Huge thanks to Podcorn (https://podcorn.com/) for sponsoring this episode. Explore sponsorship opportunities and start monetizing your podcast by signing up here: https://podcorn.com/podcasters/
Huge thanks to Podcorn (https://podcorn.com/) for sponsoring this episode. Explore sponsorship opportunities and start monetizing your podcast by signing up here: https://podcorn.com/podcasters/
- Who is Tameka A. Coley (aka Tami Tsansai)?
- What are some of the creative things that you have done and currently do?
- Would you say writing is one of the creative skills that you love the most?
- Tell us about food styling?
- Tell us about your book, ‘Hard Gal Fi Dead: Musings, Poems, Notes to Self’ and describe the cover to the listeners?
- Did you write along the way or did you write after the experiences?
- Tell us a bit about the leadup to your admission to the hospital?
- What made you choose to become a mental health advocate?
- Tell me a bit about how mental health has affected your creativity?
- What are depressive symptoms?
- What are some of the things that you do to maintain balance?
- Are you consistent with journaling and do you do it in a book or online?
- Imposter Syndrome
- Final words on mental health and creativity.
- Which part of Jamaica yu come from?
Join our newsletter
Stay up to date re all things Talk Truth. We promise not to overload or spam your mailbox :)