Social Media feat. Akeem Beckford (007)
This episode was recorded at and is sponsored by THE HUB COWORKING. My guest, Akeem Beckford (@KEEM.876) and I, discuss the dos, don’ts, habits, pet peeves and everything in between, of SOCIAL MEDIA.
In this episode, I discuss the dos, don’t, habits, pet peeves and everything in between of social media, with student, Akeem Beckford (http://instagram.com/keem.876, http://twitter.com/keem876. We discuss:
- The current Social Media platforms - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Whatsapp
- Preferred platform and why?
- Who still uses Facebook?
- Instagram characters - thirst trappers, trollers, memers, quouters, silent haters etc
- Various Instagram behaviours and habits
- Block and Delete
- DM Sliders
- Sequential pic liking
- Follow Unfollow
- Under heart tab - The ‘Following’ vs the ‘You’ tabs. Which is your default?
- Whatsapp Statuses
- Other people sharing moments that aren't theirs or that they weren't asked to share.
- The security of youth on social media.
- Detoxing from social media
- Technology challenge - Which platform would u use to :
- Tell an emotional story
- Thirst Trap
- Nude pic
- Make an intellectual statement
Artwork Photo by Tiffany Lue Yen Photography.
Join our newsletter
Stay up to date re all things Talk Truth. We promise not to overload or spam your mailbox :)